Here it is – basic vanilla cupcake recipe. The most tasty, nice and fluffy muffins, smooth and silk creamcheese frosting. Try them and you’ll want to bake them for good.
Basic vanilla cupcake recipe (12 cupcakes):
- 290 g all purpose flour (2 cups + 3 tbsp)
- 110 g sugar (half a cup)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted and cool down (half a stick)
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk (0,84 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Creamcheese frosting:
- 75 g unsalted butter at room temperature (0,6 of a stick)
- 160 g creamcheese (little less than one cup)
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 380 g icing (powdered) sugar (3 cups)
Preheat oven to 180 ° C (356 °F). Mix the liquid ingredients together first. In the next bowl mix well all bulk ingredients, then combine the two materials together using just an ordinary table spoon. Fill your muffin cups 3/4 full and bake them for bout 25 minutes, or until golden.
After baking, let the muffins cool completely! This is really important, otherwise creamcheese frosting will melt down.
Put butter into mixer, whip it for about 2 minutes. Add creamcheese, mix it together for about 1 minute. Then add icing sugar in two rounds. At the end add a little vanilla extract and you are done. I usually fill a piping bag with a Wilton 2D tip.